Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Pacquiao vs Mosley: Floyd Mayweather Envies Manny Pacquiao's Rise in Stardom

Floyd Mayweather Jr. | Pacman vs Mosley
Floyd Mayweather won't stop running his mouth against Manny Pacquiao. In a phone interview on the "Carmen, Jurko and Harry" radio show on ESPN Chicago, he was asked if a fight with Manny Pacquiao was in his future plans.


"I'm an American citizen," he said, ducking the question, "and I represent the red, white and blue. And the only thing I want is for the people in America to stand behind me."
As usual, Mayweather didn't give a straight answer. The guys on the show wanted a simple answer, which he couldn't give.
Then Mayweather said, "It's so crazy that I'm in my own country, and I have a lot of people against me. Our country is a great country, it's a clean country, and all I ask him to do is to take the test."
I think Pacquiao was ready to take the blood test. Floyd is very naive if he thinks that all professional boxers in America avoid taking some kind of performance-enhancing drugs. The stuff that was injected into Mayweather's hands was a drug, wasn't it? It eased the pain in his hands, but it was a drug.
Mayweather is jealous because Pacquiao is now the face of boxing and the No. 1 pound-for-pound king.  He also accuses Pacquiao of being a copycat by fighting the same opponents that he did, and I think that's true.
"When you sit back and think about it," Mayweather said, "I beat (Oscar) De La Hoya at a weight that De La Hoya wanted to fight at. (Pacquiao) beat De La Hoya at a catchweight, where De La Hoya killed himself to make a certain weight class.
"I beat Ricky Hatton and he followed right behind me. He goes and fight Ricky Hatton a year later. The list goes on. I just beat Shane Mosley. Now he wants to fight Shane Mosley. When Shane Mosley beat Antonio Margarito, then he goes to fight Antonio Margarito. Antonio Margarito beats Miguel Cotto, then he goes to fight Miguel Cotto. I'm just saying. That's how it goes."
READ MORE > Bleacher Report

No comments:

Post a Comment